Wednesday, April 28, 2004

And the 4 Horsemen Ride

Why you ask do the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse ride? Well you better sit down for this.

Are you sitting?

Ah that's good. Here let me put some pillows on the floor, cos you will hit it when I make this announcement. Really, you will.

Are you ready for the shock



This album, is fantastic.

OK, are you alive?

Get up now! I warned you!

I dont know what made me listen to clips from the net, perhaps it was her husbands involvement in the writing of some of the tracks. Either way, I was prepared to be annoyed and disgusted, but low and behold, it is a gem, and one I plan on purchasing in the near future.

Yes, you read that right, I will be purchasing a Diana Krall CD.





I'll get the smelling salts for you.

I was particularly pleased with her cover of Almost Blue, a track written by her husband, probably close to 20 years ago if not more. Again I expected the worst, considering I had heard a few of her previous covers. I was wrong.

This looks to be a great album and I look forward to being able to listen to all of it soon. It may not make me into a huge Diana Krall fan, (I don't think that's possible) but it has given me a new found respect for her.