Wednesday, October 22, 2003

When a book really stinks

Once I start reading something I have a horrible time of stopping, even when the book is vile. It's that time of year when I have to find vampire stories etc. to fill my spare time with.

So I found this book by Amanda Ashley, as you can see in the side bar. It's called Deeper than the Night. (Yes it's a romance...hush up) God, it's awful. I thought it was about a vampire. Which would have made it alittle bit better. Nope! Seems our hero is an alien! (who has habits similar to a vampire because of the atmosphere on Earth)


Head...meet desk.

Another point I'd like to make, why are all the women in romances either:

a. stupid as all hell
b. virgins (in their mid twenties)
c. needy

GAH! Just once I'd like to see a female character act like a real woman. You know..thinking..and not crying around because of a man.

I'm more than halfway through it, so maybe my torture will be at an end soon.

I won't go into the plot, cos it's so pathetic that it's not worth mentioning. It's quite sad, I've read some of this author's other vampire novels and they were good. This one is not.

I'm just going to have to find that new Anne Rice novel somewhere to make up for this madness. Blackwood Farm...(when did this come out on hardback..cos I missed it) and next week...Blood Canticle comes out on hardback..

Can I say...Woot! Lestat is back! God I hope his personality is too..

See there is some good reading out there..I just have to find it...

0 comments: