Friday, October 17, 2003

Friday Randomness

Nothing better to do on a wet dreary Friday than to sit at home and post random thoughts.

~ Ed Masley did a kick ass review of North..I now have to email the guy! He's my hero! Just a few quotes from the review for shits and giggles so to speak.

"Of course he's made an understated male pop vocal album of the kind Diana Krall would want her dad to hear."

Oh and...

"All things considered, he's done a commendable job here of following through on some lofty ambitions. Now if only he'd fallen for one of the Donnas ..." Will just add to that..or me...and life would be good.

~Whoopi replaced Crapling..I mean Coupling on NBC last night. I don't know why I'm upset by this, Crapling annoys me, but I watch it like you would stare at a gorey accident. I will admit though, Whoopi is a damn funny show.

~Elvis Costello in his early years was Lord God King of the Dorkalopes. I just watched a video of the SNL thing...you know..."that thing" Elvis, darling, your head is bigger than the rest of your body..and stop walking about like that with your guitar, you look well..like a dorkalope. I'm so glad he grew into his head and calmed his sexy ass down with the odd walking..

~ 11 days until the Moody Blues - December hits the stores. If you want to buy one holiday themed CD this year..buy this one...Not N'Sync..cos even though people seem to think Mr. Timberlake is sexy..they are crap...but in an eyecandy nice way...

~ The picture of Eddie Izzard with me is posted at my Live Journal, because the set up there doesn't get to frelled up with a large image. So if you want to hurt your eyes feasting on my ugliness go to my Blogs I Read links and click on One Certifiable Wenches' Live Journal. Editor's note..it frelled up there..so there's a link to the webpage it is hosted on. That is if you think your eyes can handle it.

~ I'm really getting into the voice of Annie Haslam and well those chant guys. Why am I suddenly going all Adult Contemporary? Maybe it's Elvis...his album as rubbed off on me..and I feel the need for grown up music. Kicks Elvis!

~ Some very cool quotes I've stolen from a friend's blog..that would be the Musings and Meanderings blog over on the blogroll

Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.
-- Groucho Marx

If there's anything unsettling to the stomach, it's watching actors on television talk about their personal lives.
-- Marlon Brando



~Dieting is not my forte. I've been exercising...cut out a great portion of my life sustaining liquid (Coca Cola) and the scale has not budged down one little bitty pound. This is beyond wrong.

0 comments: