Saturday, October 11, 2003

In a perfect world

If the world would work out in my favor, what would it be like? Hey...Stop running..come back here and read this! It's not really as bad as you think.

There were a few things that made me think about what would make me happy. In other words what my perfect world would be like

Well for one the leader of the free world would have more than 2 brain cells.(and I think I'm giving him more credit than he deserves there) The young men of our country would not be in a country where they didn't belong dying for nothing...especially not the invisible WMD.

My stories would be published. Ah...to see my name with the likes of Danielle Steele (Ok..I'm better than that..but I haven't convinced the world of it yet) Anais Nin, and Anne Rice. There's a vampire story and my time travel story that need to be worked on very soon.

Time would be my own. There would be no waiting for phone calls to tell me where I was going or what I was doing. My time would be mine. To write, to enjoy life...

This losing weight thing would be so much easier. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy exercise. Its the not eating good food that kills me. Dammit why does the stuff that tastes good have to be so loaded with fat and calories. It's the work of the Devil I tell you!!

Elvis Costello would ring me up for a chat at any given time...(and he'd have my cell phone number too)

Danny Elfman would alternate between doing film scores and rock music again. (not necessarily Oingo Boingo...but he'd be singing again)

They would not be looking for a replacement for Richard Coyle in Coupling. Dammit man, get your priorities straight boy! Jeff is your most importart job! You must be Jeff! (note: this is my only tv request)

My automobile would have less than 100,000 miles on it...and it would be a Mercedes...Hmm do they make them with an automatic transmission. (Might have to rethink this one)

Justin Hayward would decide I'm the most beautiful woman in the world...and have a midlife crisis and then show up on my doorstep (hey a girl's got to have a fantasy)

On the side I would be writing music reviews for newspapers and magazines. The Music Whore may like her stories..but music will always move her..

Concerts that were worth seeing would come to Pittsburgh. You know like my buddy Elvis Costello, Duran Duran...Erasure etc

See that wasn't as bad as you expected. I don't expect to rule the world, nor do I want to. I just want the world customized to my liking....

0 comments: