Thursday, October 02, 2003

Gregorian Chant

OK, remember when that was the most popular album in the country? Well after hearing Moment of Peace I had to hear a bit more. I'm always into new sounds and I never did give the first CD a spin.

The Gregorian Choir did a CD of popular music. It freaked me out. Seriously. They recorded Duran Duran's Ordinary World. It sounds so haunting now, but it still retains it's integrity. I'm trying to find samples of the other songs on this CD. They've done everything from Elton John to Depeche Mode. Yes, Steph, Depeche Mode.



I'm still not sure what to make of it, but it was certainly interesting to hear even a little part of this recording.

Here are the songs you'll find on the disc:

1. Join Me
2. Be
3. Blasphemous Rumours
4. Only You
5. Blue Monday
6. Sacrifice
7. Ordinary World
8. Fields Of Gold
9. Before The Dawn
10. I Wont Hold You Back
11. Wicked Game
12. Out Of The Cold
13. Voyage Voyage (Bonus Track)
14. Join Me (Schill Out Version)