Monday, October 27, 2003

Taking a listen to the songs of December



Since tomorrow is the day that my Moody Blues CD comes out...I decided to check out some of the traditional tracks recorded by other artists.

I'm proud to say the Moody Blues did an admirable job on A Winter's Tale, a track written by Mike Batt and Tim Rice and recorded originally by David Essex. I was quite pleased by that version of the song..and the snippets I've heard by Michael Ball who recorded a version for his 2000 album called Christmas

Speaking of Michael Ball, he also recorded a version of When A Child Is Born, again I can find nothing wrong with the version I've heard by the Moody Blues.

As for Happy Xmas...I hate that song..and even Justin's beautiful singing can't make me like it too much. I don't think I have a favorite version of this song, so I won't compare it to any others. Just glad it's not too awful.

The other 2 classics on the record are In the Bleak Midwinter...a beautiful track regardless of who recorded it..and White Christmas.

The other tracks were written by the bandmembers and are glorious. I'm so excited about this album.