Thursday, October 09, 2003

Mixes..and Mixes...and Mixes

I went on for a bit about Mix CDs over at Wenches today. I really recommend you visiting that site. Not just because I write there, but because there are four or five others that do. One of them is my proofreader friend, Linda. Who is damn funny and insightful.

I digress (as per fucking usual)

I found so many songs that I love as a result of the past few CD Swaps. Surely there must be others out there. I want to take part! I want to burn! I want new music!

Today I was listening to one of the discs I got from the Quintessential Burn. Oh the beauty and the oddities on this mix. I have a few new songs to recommend today.

Under 21 - Save Ferris (If you like No Doubt...you'll like this band)

Mad World - Gary Jules (A cover of a Tears for Fears song..done beautifully)

Twist In My Sobriety - Tanita Tikaram (I have no idea who she is..but I love this song and I want to hear more)

What I've found to be odd about the groups I've been in for these swaps, is how similar my taste is with these people I don't know. I loved getting this CD and going...Woo Yeah! I love that song!

Example

Moondance - Van Morrison (one of the kick ass romantic songs..not written by the Moody Blues)

Insensitive - Jann Arden (Someone else knows who she is!)

One - U2 (It's U2 what more can I say)

I have to say, I can't wait til the next swap comes around...well besides my Halloween Swap..which is underway. My discs are sent. I hope everyone enjoys the tracks.

0 comments: