Saturday, October 04, 2003

Saturday 8

There are some really odd memes out there. This weeks Saturday 8 is one of them

saturday-8 :: celebrity death match!

within the past two weeks, we have watched the passing of a few celebrities: john ritter, johnny cash, the maytag man gordon jump, author george plimpton yesterday robert palmer of the "simply irresistible" fame. today's questions take a tongue-in-cheek look at celebrities and their mortality...

1. if the world could be rid of one celebrity, who would you like it to be? why?

Can I please off J-Lo so that I don't have to witness the rise and fall of not only her gi-normous ass, but her next relationship as well. Of course, her death would suddenly make her the most wonderful singer/actress in the world...but well at least we'd only have a few albums worth of crap to deal with....


2. do you participate in any activities like the celebrity death pool (stiffs.com)? why or why not?

Never heard of it...now I'm going to have to check it out.

3. which celebrity death this year has affected you the most? why?

I'd say John Ritter's death has been the most saddening to me. I grew up with his shows and comedy. With 8 Simple Rules he was becoming a part of my life again. He was a fine actor in his field, and it's a shame he passed so young.


4. which celebrity death this year has affected you the least? why didn't it affect you?

Most of them actually. If I'm not familiar with their work, I can't grieve. I think David Bowie said it best on Carson Daly when asked about Johnny Cash's death... He said he didn't know him and wasn't familiar with his work. He spoke the truth. You can't pay tribute to someone that never really touched your life.


5. which celebrity couple would you like to say 'adios!' to? why?

Oh...do you really have to ask that one? Does this mean they both have to die? If the male half of the couple can live...I'm all for Diana Krall kicking it over or going buh byes..either her or Marie Hayward...Nah..just Diana Krall...she needs to go...somewhere...far far away from Mr. Costello.

6. if you could attend one celebrity's funeral, whose funeral would you move heaven & earth to attend?

Madonna....cos it would have to be a colorful event. She would go out in style just like Eva Peron...

7. have you visited any famous person's grave, like jim morrison, marilyn monroe, elvis?

No, and I have no plans on doing anything of that nature either.

8. give us the plans for YOUR funeral. do you want it to be a big party? a small affair? do you want to be immortalized in marble? cremated? give us the scoop!

I just want the people that mattered most to me to be there. What difference does it make to me. I'd be dead. Just don't toss me in a garbage bag and throw me in the river...OK.

0 comments: