Sunday, December 03, 2006

What A Morning

My grandma's (MY 99 YEAR OLD GRANDMA'S) furnace went out at 3 a.m. last night and she didn't call us to tell us. Plus she couldn't get anyone to come out to fix it.

She's 99 years old for crying out loud. She'll be 100 on March 10! And it took her until mid-morning to find someone that could come and look at it!

Grrr!

Double grrr at her for not calling us, so that we could bring her up to our house where it is at least warm!

When I went down to check on her, her hands were like ice!

Thankfully the guy that came wasn't a shark, and everything was fixed for under $100. In fact, he knocked off 15 dollars because she paid cash and he didn't have change.

At least there is some amount of humanity in this damn area.

It's 11 a.m. and I feel like I could use a margarita. Two days in a row of stress, and I'm ready to turn into a heavy drinker!

Oh and I still haven't got my hug yet!

0 comments: