Friday, December 15, 2006

Top 5 On Friday Week 102

From the ladies @

Part 1

Top 5 musical mishaps (Things that you've done, or artists have done that are a big Whoops!)

1. I was driving down RT 43 with my CD player cranking Elton John's Latitude from the Made In England CD. As I pulled into the toll booth I noticed one of the Turnpike employees standing there, grinning cos I was still singing!

2. Erm...I partied a little too hard with a certain drummer in a progressive rock band that played the Aranoff Center in Cincinnati last Oct. Oye! A few too many amaretto sours takes away all my sense of reason.

3. I was waiting to get an autograph after Jesus Christ Superstar, which starred Dennis DeYoung as Pontius Pilate and when my time came to get my program signed I told him that I had to stand next to one good looking man a year, that year he was it. I think I made him blush! Heck I was 19 at the time, I think. I probably made his day!

4. Fish discovering this blog this week is pretty darn embarassing. I can only imagine what he's been thinking. The Mistress of The Dark = Nutjob!

5. Turning from snapping a picture of Justin Hayward in Youngstown OH only to end up facing John Lodge. That was just too much beauty all at one time.

6. I trumped myself today. Fish asked about Upsidedown trees and I called in to tell him what I found.

Facepalm. Why do I do stuff like that. I all but asked the man out. He's probably blushing to the roots of his hair now. I'm such a goober.

Part 2

Top 5 musical discoveries of 2006 (new albums/artists you've discovered etc)

Gordon Lightfoot - I thank 99.3 The Pickle for discovering him this year. I can't believe I never heard him until this autumn. The album I'm loving right now is his most recent, Harmony. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Three Dog Night - Again thanks to Oldies Radio, I discovered that Three Dog Night were more than just Joy To The World and One. They are fast becoming one of my favorite bands. Shambala is still stuck in my head along with Old Fashioned Love Song.

Thea Gilmore - Someone sent me her song December In New York awhile back but I never listened to it. I played it not too long ago and now it's part of my winter mix CD.

The Grass Roots - Another oldies band discovered on Oldies Radio. I've seen them in concert a few times, back in the 80's but they never stuck until I was listening to The Pickle this year.

Lene Marlin - A European artist that I found on a Livejournal. I'm finally getting a CD of hers. I got a good deal at Half.com. Yay! Lene has a gorgeous voice and one of the few newer artists that I love.

0 comments: