Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Day 2006

It's almost time to sit down and eat and here I am sitting in front of my computer. My Christmas stocking was filled with wonderful things. 2 Gordon Lightfoot CDs came from some of my online friends. Another online buddy sent me the most yummy smelling Peppermint Body Lotion from Bath & Body Works. But the most consistent gift I received this year involved my favorite Tim Burton film, Nightmare Before Christmas!

I have two Jack Skellington plushies, one that's bendable and another that has a deformed (Big) head. I also got Jack Skellington slippers and a new hoodie! Squee!

So far things are going well with Deb, but tomorrow will be a change, as I go back to work and her sons will have to do the lifting for her when she has to go to the potty. I have faith in them.

I didn't make it to church this year and that leaves me feeling quite sad, but I think the lord understands the special things that were required at home and that it wasn't me being a lazy butt.

He's given us so many blessings this year. He's also added a few more angels to his ranks in the forms of my two sweet kitties. Their presence is missed greatly today. I looked out my window and saw the graves and I cried. I can only hope that next year, Misty and Buddah will have sent me a new friend to love and for Oogie to play with.

It may not be a perfect holiday but it's a good one. The family is together. We have good food. Oh and we have music.

So to share some of my holiday with you...

Tommy James - I Love Christmas

Gary Puckett - Medley: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, What Child Is This, Angels We Have Heard On High

Annie Haslam - We Three Kings

0 comments: