Friday, December 08, 2006

Top 5 On Friday - Week 101 (Part 2)

Here's the second topic from

Top 5 songs written by or performed by John Lennon

I have a love hate relationship with Mr. Lennon. The more I learned about his personal life the less I liked him. As for his music, I'm more a fan of his early songwriting with The Beatles than the stuff he wrote when he went solo.

But he was an immensely talented man. He probably had the best gift of snark than anyone who's been in the limelight in the last 100 years. That alone gives him a gold star in my book.

One thing is for sure, when his light went out the music industry took a turn for the worse. There will never be another John Lennon.

Here are my 5 favorite Lennon songs.

Nowhere Man

Strawberry Fields Forever (The Love Version)

Nobody Told Me

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

Jealous Guy



And in his honor....songs by those that loved him

All Those Years Ago

Here Today

0 comments: