Friday, December 29, 2006

Top 5 On Friday - Week 104 (Part Two)

The second half of today's meme from

Top 5 Songs To Help You Ring In 2007 (Interpret as you see fit)

George Harrison - Ding Dong
This is one of my favorite festive songs, written as only Mr. Harrison could write a song about the new year.

Tom Jones - Help Yourself
(I could donate this song to 99.3 WPKL so that the DJ could play the proper requests and not a Tom Jones song that makes me weep! No more What's New Pussycat! I can't take it!)

Peter, Paul & Mary - Wedding Song (There Is Love)
(Inevitably I'll be a bit down because I'll be ringing the New Year in at home again. I've never been one for New Year's celebrations but as I get older I realize that I've never spent a New Year's Eve with anyone other than my family and my friend Tina during my high school years. BAH!)

Cliff Richard - Miss You Nights
(I figure if I'm going to feel sorry for myself, I might as well add this gorgeous song to the list. I don't even miss anyone, except my kitties that left me in the past two months.)

Oingo Boingo - We Close Our Eyes
(And another year has come and gone....)

0 comments: