Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thursday Thirteen



Thirteen things about The Mistress Of The Dark's mom, who just happens to be celebrating her 73 b-day today.

1. Mom's cookbook collection far surpasses my CD collection, and if you look at my CD Tracker list, I'm well over 1000 discs.

2. Mom is addicted to Law and Order and Without A Trace. If she can't watch them, the nephew must tape them.

3. Mom is technologically challenged. She can't even turn on my computer. That's probably a good thing, because I'd have recipes floating all over my hard drive.

4. Mom is the Queen of Casseroles, and she makes some darn good ones. One of my favorites is called Dog Food, which is really just ground meat, green beans, mushroom soup and tater tots. Yum!

5. Mom has had 4 heart attacks since I was in college. She's got a pacemaker and is likely going to get a new one around the beginning of the new year.

6. Mom likes to sing, but she never knows the lyrics. The funniest thing is when she tries to sing Oingo Boingo's Insects!

7. When we went to see Tommy back in the 90's, my mom got weak in the knees over Steve Issacs, who used to be a VJ on Mtv.

8. Over the years my mom has been a girl scout leader and a CCD teacher. She still teaches CCD, in fact.

9. My mom is addicted to all the shows on The Food Network which isn't surprising considering her cookbook collection. Her favorite is Paula Deen

10. My mom only finished a year of college before dropping out to get married. Mom and dad have been married over 50 years.

11. My mom is an only child and at 73 she still has her mom, who will be 100 on March 10.

12. My mom used to love to read Candlelight Regency Romances, there are nearly as many of those around the house as cookbooks, and when she got bored with those she took to reading books about religion.

13. My mom's one failing if you can call it that is that she loves her children and grandchildren too well. (And in my eyes that's not really a failing)

Happy Birthday Mom!


0 comments: