Monday, December 18, 2006

Random 10 - Week 85

From the ladies @

10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)

The first songs I played while holding vigil over my sweet Misty girl who passed away Saturday.

Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
(I will never ever be able to listen to this song again)

Elaine Paige - Memory
(Misty was the original Grizabella, the Glamour Cat)

Warren Zevon - Keep Me In Your Heart
(Misty will never leave my heart. I woke crying this morning, knowing that I'll never hear her talking to me in her sweet kitty voice ever again)

Justin Hayward - Bright Eyes
(Bright eyes, burning like fire. Bright eyes, how can you close and fade)

Now on a happier note

I finally got to hear this song

Cliff Richard - 21st Century Christmas
(Trust Cliff to make me smile when nothing else could. I don't care what anyone says about the man, Cliff is wonderful. Oh and he's a looker too. God bless my friend who posted it so I could hear it before it showed up in my mail box)

Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime
(This song was the last one I heard on Pickle before 99.3 Laurel Highlands Rock Station took over for the weekend. How the hell can a station not even 20 miles away from me lose its signal to a station over 50 miles away at random intervals? Fish doesn't believe me when I say this. If he wants to keep vigil in my bedroom to witness this oddity, I allow him)

Gordon Lightfoot - On Yonge Street
(I love Gordon, n'uff said)

Tony Orlando And Dawn - Knock Three Times
(Hey Fishy! Knock 3 times on the ceiling if you want me!!)

Bitter Sweet - Dirty Laundry
(Not the song Don Henley sang. I'm thinking this band could become a guilty pleasure of mine)

Elvis Costello - Earthbound
(One of the Wendy James demos I have floating on my hard drive)

And as for the pictures, because I couldn't decide: These are the last pictures taken of my angel. Even so sick and thin, she was still the most beautiful kitty in the world


0 comments: