Saturday, December 13, 2003

You Don't Know What You've Got til it's Gone

I've been watching 60's Generation on Vh-1 Classic, while waiting for blogger to unbreak my blog (ha, I made a pun on a bad Toni Braxton song).

Like all decades there was some really fantastic music and some really bad music. OK, maybe it's more, some music that had to be listened to under the influence of the the 60's culture. (like while on LSD or something)

Two songs that fall under that category, Donovan's Hurdy Gurdy Man and The Small Faces' Itchy Coo Park. Maybe I'd get the proper effect if I listened to them under the influence of sinus medication.

Still there are some really great bands from the sixties.

The Beatles
The Monkess (for the eyecandy alone)
Herman's Hermits
The Doors
The Mama's and the Papa's
The Moody Blues (as if I would forget to mention the men of my dreams)
The Zombies
The Animals

Wait interesting factoid for non-Moody Blues fans here. Justin Hayward wanted to be a member of Eric Burton's Animals. Thank heavens not. He's much to good for that, and he was far to pretty to get stuck in a band full of pock marked men. God, the Animals were spotty! And Justin is so not spotty. I don't think the man ever had a zit in his life!!





See what I mean?

And we all know..of all the pictures of my young Moody Man..this is my favorite




And would you look at that sleeping Lodgey next to him, all cuddled up on his shoulder with the pillow. Justin I'm jealous of your shoulder!! Wait..couldn't I just put myself in their between him and Lodgey!! Mmmm a snuggle between the Jays.