Saturday, December 06, 2003

Life Can Be Like December Snow

We had our first snowfall last night. This is the first time in years that I can sit back and actually enjoy it. I can just sit here and gaze out the window at the fluffy white stuff on the ground and appreciate it for it's beauty.

Of course it's another excuse to listen to the new Moody Blues CD. I just wonder what I'm going to listen to after Christmas is over. As much as Justin says that this isn't a completely Christmas album, I'm hard pressed to find much that isn't holiday related. I guess I'll be listening to A Winter's Tale quite a bit. (In July) There's a possibility that Yes, I Believe will be a constant in my CD player as well. I wish there were more winter songs on the disc though.

I'm not saying this in a negative fashion either. It's just that I love this CD so much that I hate to put it away.

I hope that this new year will bring some bonus tracks on the reissues of 2 of Justin's solo CDs. Anything new I can get from Justin brings me such joy. I'm so glad I found this band again.

It would have been so nice if John Lodge would have done another solo album. Since meeting the man, oh so briefly, last month, I've come to appreciate him much more. (Even Words You Say) Yes, Lodgey!! I like Words You Say.

I think the world is missing something great in not hearing more of his voice. My Jays are so different, but so similiar. It's the spirit of romance that touches the two of them that gets to me. For a person that has little love for love...I'm a romantic at heart. It's partially because of these two wonderful songwriters that I'm that way.

It could just be that I don't believe that anyone could possibly love me or live up to the expectations that I have for love. Yes, I want the love thats in the stories I write. I'd rather not have it then settle for second best.

On that note..I'll leave you with a picture of my favorite celebrity couple



I keep borrowing this picture from John Lodge.com just because it's so cute. I'm amazed that John kept the ornery look off his face for a few pictures, but Kirsten made up for it. I just hope she's got a new dress, cos I'm so not found of that black number she had on. I also hope she adjusted those straps before she lost something. (which might have made her hubby smile)

Hugs to John and Kirsten Lodge for being such a cute couple...