Saturday, December 20, 2003

Dejunking: The Unsavory Task

I'm blaming this on Linda, (who I was very cranky too yesterday..and I apologize) she started the dejunking thing a few weeks ago. I'm looking around my house and realizing..OYE..Junk everywhere.

I'm terrible at throwing things away.

I keep magazines and stuff that have nothing to do with people I like anymore. Dear god, you should see my desk drawers.

I do have one dilemma with this. What do you do with old calendars? I used to get Beatles calendars every year for the pictures. I have a Paul McCartney calendar too. Should I keep them? Its so hard to decide. I've made up my mind to toss the Phantom of the Opera calenders. (they aren't necessary to my existence)

Getting rid of my junk is going to be like an amputation..Bring that back!! I've had it for 25 years..you can't toss it. The real amusement in this, is that I can pitch anyone else's junk in a heartbeat. My own? Fuck no...you can't touch it.

I will be clinging to my junk even as I toss it in the garbage can. I will wail and cry as I throw it in the furnace to burn. (yes we have a coal furnace here)

I'm also going to go through some of the mix cds I've made..cos there's a pile of CDrs on my desk that need going through. This is a complete dejunking.

What are the reasons for it?

Well in the one room, it's because I have every intention of getting a new desk..and I need to clear away stuff, before we can start breaking the big monstrosity of a corner desk down to chuck.

In my (giggle) entertainment room it's more of a need for a clean sweep.

BTW I got the old digital camera to snap a picture of my Charlie Brown tree..(with the Moody Blues Ornament) If my sister will host it..I'll post the picture here. If not, I'll upload it to my fotolog page.

Time to start cleaning, and also work on Man Out of Time. I have 5 pages to write today!!

0 comments: