Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Stress, songloops and other things that make me crazy

Tis the season to go nutty! I haven't been anywhere to buy presents yet! Well at least anywhere that wasn't online. Yes a lot of people have packages coming from online vendors. So much easier than going to a mall, and less stupid people. And we all know that stupid people make you stressed.

Something about the mall at Christmastime; it makes people nutty. Suddenly everyone is forced to think about what other people like. Most people these days are so tuned in on "Me" that they don't know what anyone else likes. Which is why on Dec 26 everyone is back at the mall returning the crap other people bought for them.

Funny how a little bit more attention could save a lot of lines.

My problem is, I know what my friends and family like, it's having the money or the ability to get it. My sister is a rabid Scorpions fan. (Scary I know..but we have to live with her) My brother is a computer geek who likes Buffett and Shania Twain. (The stork brought him...I'm positive) All my problems could be solved with a gift certificate, but that seems so impersonal.

I think that's why people would rather buy something that would get returned than to purchase that little piece of plastic called a gift card. ARGH! The stress of it all.

Oh and don't you love it when a song gets stuck in your head? Most people get random songs in their head; something from the radio or something random. I get Moody Blues songs in my head. ALL THE FREAKING TIME!

For awhile it was Elvis Costello's Man Out of Time; particuliarly this line: "Love was always scarping or cowering or fawning. You drink yourself insensitive and hate yourself in the morning."

Now I get Lovely To See You, Gemini Dream and Talking Out of Turn. Odd songs. I only have to hear them once and Poof there they are, looped in my brain for the next 24 hours. Oh and don't get me started on Don't Need a Reindeer. Christmas songs aren't supposed to be that cute. (or stick in your head all damn day) Thanks Justin!

I'm sure you noticed my cranky poo rant yesterday. Allow me to explain before I turn into Lord Goddess Queen of the Dorkalope Bitches. I have a freind from one of my Yahoo Groups, (actually two) that just gets on my nerves. She's 2 years younger than me but acts about 10 years younger than that.

Worse still, she fancies herself a writer. I'll give her credit, she tries. Oh how she tries, but her writing falls flat. I've tried giving her pointers, and I kinda hope they work. I don't believe in telling anyone to stop writing if they love to do it. It's a madness.

Still there is nothing worse than having someone ask you if you liked something they wrote and you can't tell them the truth because you don't want to hurt their feelings. Which is why I beg the gods not to let her ask me to read any more of her stories. They kill me. I like romance novels. I'm sappy like that. I hate bad ones. Her stories are lower than Harlequinn novels. Old Harlequinn novels. Really old ones. Only she writes "spicy" love scenes. (GAG, Puke)

Have any of you ever heard the male organ referred to as a "wifebeater?" I always thought those were undershirts?

See this is why I'm crazy!!

I need to stop while I'm ahead. Or maybe I'm actually behind...who knows.

0 comments: