Monday, December 08, 2003

More Like I Need a Life

I've been working, kinda. Isn't that an odd statement? Working on what? Stuff and nonsense. Getting things put back together that fell apart about 3 months ago. This is going to take some doing.

I'm also finding my taste in music changing a bit. With the Moody Blues coming into my life, I'm getting into more of the Progressive Rock genre. I can't believe I'm listening to Pink Floyd. Mind you, I'm listening to 80's Pink Floyd, but still.

A few of my favorite Floyd tracks:

On the Turning Away
Learning to Fly
Comfortably Numb
Another Brick In the Wall
Wish You Were Here
Brain Damage/Eclipse

It's amazing what listening to one band will do to your taste in music. With Elvis Costello, it was Nick Lowe (and I still have so many of his CDs to acquire) With the Moody Blues, it's been Annie Haslam and now Pink Floyd.

I think I should perhaps get out more, except then I'll just be exposed to more music. I did get the new Matchbox 20 EP yesterday. Bout damn time I know. I need to get the new Cyndi Lauper CD too.

I haven't really bought any new CDs since the Moody Blues show when I bought the soundtrack for Journey to the Amazing Caves, that the guys are featured on. A week before that I bought the Annie Haslam CD, It Snows In Heaven Too. That's been it for my CD purchases.

How sad is that?

I can't make any mixes unless I have something new and wonderful to share. So a shopping I must go, and very soon.

0 comments: