Thursday, December 11, 2003

Musical Hooks

A list of songs / albums that recall a certain period in my life.

Skin - Oingo Boingo
Man Out of Time - Elvis Costello
Daydream Believer - The Monkees
Got My Mind Set On You - George Harrison
When I See You Smile - Bad English
Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
Kyrie - Mr. Mister
Like a Prayer - Madonna
The Last Time - Danny Elfman
Always - Erasure
Ordinary World - Duran Duran
The Flame - Cheap Trick
My Brave Face - Paul McCartney
The Look - Roxette
Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard
Music of the Night - Michael Crawford
Love Will Find a Way - Yes
Your Wildest Dreams - The Moody Blues
I'll Follow the Sun - The Beatles
Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler
Xanadu - Olivia Newton John
Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
Mayor of Simpleton - XTC
Veronica - Elvis Costello
Electric Barbarella - Duran Duran
Layla - Eric Clapton
Heart's Filthy Lesson - David Bowie
Together Forever - Rick Astley
Room at the Top - Adam Ant

That should be 29 songs not for every year of my life, but really the songs that have been important to me, or were just fun as I made my journey through life

As for albums

Beatles 65 - The Beatles
Pisces Aquarius Capricorn and Jones - The Monkees
The Other Side of Life - The Moody Blues
Dark at the End of the Tunnel - Oingo Boingo
Duran Duran (Wedding Album) - Duran Duran
Lap of Luxury - Cheap Trick
Oranges and Lemons - XTC
Spike - Elvis Costello
Hysteria - Def Leppard
Colour By Numbers - Culture Club
Make It Big - Wham!
Cloud 9 - George Harrison
Flowers in the Dirt - Paul McCartney
Crossroads (box set) - Eric Clapton
When I Was Cruel - Elvis Costello
Look Sharp - Roxette
On Tour - Herman's Hermits
Pool It - The Monkees
Vol 1 - Traveling Wilburys
Rapture - Siouxsie and the Bansees
Music - Madonna
I Say I Say I Say - Erasure
Outside - David Bowie
Full Moon Fever - Tom Petty
Breathe - Midge Ure
December - The Moody Blues
Manners and Physique - Adam Ant
Ace of Base - The Sign
U2 - Elevation

0 comments: