Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Rebel Rebel, you've torn your dress

I love when I get a chance to really read the entertainment news. Today there was an article in Yahoo about David Bowie's Madison Square Garden Concert.

I lurve Bowie but this article made me think he is was somewhat super human. Oh wait, he's an alien...so he is, kinda.

He played almost 2 hours! Wow! For what the ticket prices are to see him, he could have kept on for another hour! I don't think that he did anything incredible there. Elvis Costello's shows usually hit the 2 hour mark, and some even go beyond that. (If my cdrs are to be believed) I'd even add that the Moody Blues play 2 hours, but they do it in a different fashion. Most of the time these days, the guys play theatres, so they take a 20 minute intermission between sets.

And the setlist. Oye! I love that new songs get called relative obscurities. Uh, you just called Cactus an obscurity? Why? Cos this reporter missed the Heathen tour. Yes I have a few of the shows on cdr, so guess what? He was playing Cactus last tour!!

Idiots!!

Yes, I'm picking apart a review of a show I wasn't even at, but I hate it when people get the whole thing wrong. Yes the setlist was fab! Over the past 5 years, Bowie has learned you can't neglect the old stuff in favor of the new. He did that on the Outside tour, and it left fans dazed and disoriented. (not to mention the NIN fans that left before he came on)

Still I think its fab that Bowie has such a fantastic tour going on. (even if it's not coming to Pittsburgh) The Music Whore only drives for the Moody Blues. Now if only the reviewers would get their information straight, oh and maybe attend a few other shows. (Not necessarily Bowie)

0 comments: