Sunday, December 07, 2003

Maybe I Need a Change

It just dawned on me that I haven't listened to much Elvis Costello in quite a while. I'd probably say only a song or two on occassion for the last month and a half. Crikey, it's amazing what not liking a record can do to a fan.

I don't even know what I want to listen to of his anymore. Not that I don't adore all of his other albums, except North.

I feel so guilty for not liking it. It actually gets worse for me after repeated playings. I don't even care for Still as much now.

Now December from the Moody Blues is opposite, I love it and each time I hear it I love it more. Perhaps I need to get out When I Was Cruel and listen to it over and over to remind me of why I love Elvis Costello.

It might work.

Or I might want to throw out all of his CDs. Right now I'm a little too scared to find out. I think I'll content myself with enjoying the song or two I listen to every so many days.

0 comments: