Sunday, November 13, 2005

A Weekend Of Bad Service

My sister and I went out to dinner Friday and Saturday night. I don't think either of us has ever experienced service as bad as this in two consecutive nights.

The first night we went to the Pepperwood Grille in Greensburg. I have been dying to go here, since it opened.



This place is absolutely gorgeous inside. The atmosphere reminds me a bit of a jazz club, only without the jazz. I really expected to hear Diana Krall or Madeline Peyroux crooning while we ate, but they seemed to play the Blues, which is not one of my favorite musical genres.

We ordered a cheese and fruit appetizer which was so filling that along with a salad, we weren't very hungry when our dinners actually made it to us. Which seemed like forever.

Debby's linguini with clam sauce wasn't to her liking, but I got Pumpkin Tortellini with a marscapone cheese sauce. It's sweet for a dinner entree, but oh was it good. It would have been better had we not had the appetizer. Note to self, after dieting for almost a year, it's hard to eat really big meals.



But it was good. It would have been better if the service weren't so darn slow! God, was it slow. Snails move faster than the wait staff was moving there on Friday night.

And speaking of slow. We went carousing at Wheeling last night. The line was so long for the Island Buffet that we had to forsake any thoughts of chocolate fountain and the create your own pasta station. It would have taken us 2 hours to get inside. Instead we opted for the Breezeway Cafe outside of the gaming area.

The food there was excellent, but again, if the service got any slower, I might not be typing this. I'd probably still be freezing at the restaurant. Thankfully the Chicken Parmigan was wonderful so I won't complain, even though it took an hour and a half to eat. Crikey! It's not fair to cut in on my gaming time. But I won't go there, because that's another rant altogether. Again, at least the food was yummy.

0 comments: