Monday, November 14, 2005

Oh How I Hate To Get Up In The Morning

My mother used to sing this an awful lot as I was growing up. Off key of course. And now I find myself singing it just as off key, when I have to drag my butt out of bed at this ungodly hour.

If the sun isn't up, I shouldn't be either. That's the way I see things. Not that I have anything against darkness. Darkness is fine, up until about 2 a.m.

My belief is that from 2 a.m. until at least 9 a.m. people should be in bed, give or take a few hours if you need more than 7 hours sleep. Me, I can't remember when I last got more then 7. I think death might be the only way to get more than 7. Even when I try to get to bed early, my body wakes me up after 7. That's so totally wrong. And then if I try to get myself to bed early, something always happens and I end up awake longer.

I realize that I'm a night person. I always will be, no matter what time I may have to start work. I may long to be in bed snoring at 9:30 but when 5:30 comes around, I'll still want to stay nestled under the covers. Morning's are evil and they should be banned. Now give me my pillow and blanket and let me go back to bed.

0 comments: