Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Settling Down

Tonight I finally got around to being lazy. After my insane day at work, I think I deserve it. How is it that every time you go away for a vacation or a weekend you need time to recover from your fun?

I always go through these manic/depressive phases after trips. I can't tell you how many times I'd cry on the way home from vacations when I was younger. I still get that way now. I know when leaving Atlantic City this July I had that same feeling. I guess it's the hating to leave someplace when you're having fun.

I'm starting to get back to normal, which is probably a good thing, depending on what you consider normal. It's time to get back to the routine of life. It's kind of sad though that I have nothing exciting to look forward to until next year now, except for the usual Pittsburgh things, like the flower show and maybe a comedy show or two.

Now I think I'm going to sit down with a good book and listen to the new Diana Krall Christmas CD. Yeah, you read that right, I said Christmas CD. It's pretty good from what I've heard so far and it is Nov, so I might as well start trying to get into the spirit of the season that's already upon us. (at least in the malls)

0 comments: