Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A Day In The Life

Today was one of those days that is good, bad and ugly all rolled into one. I found out at work today that through the end of the year I'll be working the later morning shift, which isn't really late, it's 8:30 - 5. I'll also have to learn the other CSR's job in 6 weeks, because she's scheduled for her vacation then. That kind of leaves me feeling a bit woozy, but I'll get through it I'm sure.

I had really been used to the 7:30 shift, which I was doing every other week. But oh well, I'm not complaining. (At least not too much).

Unfortunately today was also one of the most boring days in the last few weeks. I had very little shipping to do in the afternoon and my training wasn't much this morning because of circumstances beyond my control and the other CSR's control. Boredom and I don't get along too well, at least not at work. At home I can deal with boredom. There's always a book or the internet. Work is a totally different story. I have to dig up the busy work to keep from going insane and sometimes that doesn't even help.

As for the good? Well I've almost forgotten what it was. I think it might be the free pizza we're going to have for lunch tomorrow, care of one of the shipping companies that are stopping by to convince us to use them more often.

But really the good is discovering a few things I can do in the next month, as well as some things I can plan for next year. See I've decided, I'm going to go away as much as I can, while I can. I don't care at this point. I went far too long without trips. I'm not going to live like that anymore. I want to see the world around me, even if it's just the world outside my damn window.

The Festival of Lights has started at Oglebay Park, and I think I might convince my sister that we have to go shortly. After Thanksgiving we'll have to make 2 trips to Pittsburgh to the Winter Flower Show. One time we'll go on a Sunday afternoon and one time we'll go for the Candlelight Evenings. I'm still debating on getting tickets for Phantom of the Opera in January, but I hate to commit to something when I don't know what the weather is going to be like.

But maybe there are a few things to look forward to in the coming months. They might not be Moody Blues related...(damn and blast) but they are worth getting excited about, and that's definitely a good thing. Right?

0 comments: