Tuesday, November 15, 2005

English Tea For An English Sunset

Something about the new Paul McCartney song and this Moody Blues song really make me smile.

The songs seem to share a similar view of the english people, and I suppose they should, considering both artists are english.

I hadn't heard the McCartney tune until yesterday, as I've been ignoring Chaos and Creation for a bit. It fast became a favorite of mine. It's classic McCartney. If you listen to this song, you can see that the man that wrote Eleanor Rigby still has it in him, which is good to know.

The damn record companies need to grasp the concept that though these rockers are older, they still can write good songs. Just because they aren't 20 or 30 something and airbrushed, doesn't mean what they write isn't worth listening to.

Damn it, it's the other way around most of the time.

English Sunset is off of Strange Times which most of you know is one of my very favorite Moody Blues albums. It's also one of the songs I miss the most in the setlist. Sure it had been played for years, but I really think that album shouldn't be ignored in the setlist...

But anyway....Because these songs are both excellent...

Paul McCartney - English Tea

The Moody Blues - English Sunset

More tea, vicar?

0 comments: