Monday, November 14, 2005

Itunes Is A Big Ole Pain

In the quest to have 2 Christmas songs by one of my favorite bands I was forced to use Itunes again.

Have I mentioned how much I hate itunes? I hate anything that has to do with itunes including ipods. I mock them at any chance I get? Why? Because I think they are the most overrated, overpriced mp3 player on the market. But that's neither here nor there. I'm ranting about itunes right now.

Why do I hate buying music there?

Simple.

I buy two songs by Grey Eye Glances and I can only play them in the itunes software that I never use, and I'm going to have to burn them to a CD so that I can convert them into mp3 format.

GRRRRR!

I've only ever used itunes once before and that was to buy Bernie Barlow's Down By The Sea mp3 earlier this year. I prefer to buy CDs as opposed to downloads. It's that tangibility factor again. If I could have bought a CD with Bernie's song on it I would have.

As for Grey Eye Glances, I don't think the CD that the songs were on is in print, or it might have been an online only thing, so I had to buy them this way. One of the songs is on an EP, but right now, it's easier to just spend 2 dollars to get the 2 songs rather than 15 for the CD.

But oh the aggravation I'm going to have to go through to use those two songs.

BTW, if I haven't mentioned it before, Grey Eye Glances are a wonderful band and everyone should listen to them. Just not through itunes, cos that just takes away some of the beauty of the music.

0 comments: