Friday, November 25, 2005

Top 5 On Friday

Keeping the Thanksgiving spirit alive over at Music Memoirs.

"Top 5 musical things that you are thankful for"

1. Justin Hayward



But I'm not thankful for the hideous shirts he seems to enjoy wearing to shows.

2. John Lodge



These two men I'm very very thankful for. Their music has enriched my life so much over the years, and though they've come and gone from my favorites a few times, they will always have a place in my heart. And this is the song that started it for me.

Your Wildest Dreams

3. Elvis Costello



I don't remember whether it was his duet with Paul McCartney or the first single from his Spike CD that made him a favorite of mine. He did a disappearing act for awhile, but like all my musical loves, he came back with a vengence.

Elvis Costello - Veronica

Elvis Costello and Paul McCartney - You Want Her Too

4. Danny Elfman



I was introduced to Oingo Boingo towards the end of their careers. The first albums I bought were Best O' Boingo and Dark At The End Of The Tunnel. The song that sucked me in was on both albums.

Oingo Boingo - Skin

5. The Beatles/The Monkees





These two bands go hand in hand in my life. From the time I was 5 I was going to marry Davy Jones. I'm still waiting for that proposal. And I think that in the course of my life I've harbored crushes on every member of the Beatles.

These bands were the ones that started my love for music. And I'm thankful I had the opportunity to know and love their music and in the case of the Monkees that funny as hell tv show that made my childhood such fun.

The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
The Beatles - I Should Have Known Better

0 comments: