Friday, January 28, 2005

Top Five On Friday!!!

It's time for my favorite meme! Why is it my favorite? Because I create it! Go over to Music Memoirs if you don't believe me! Oh, and play along too!

This week's question

Top five bands that you think are underrated, and your favorite album by each.

1. The Moody Blues: These guys deserve much more credit than they get, especially for the work they did after 1978. The album I'm picking is Strange Times from 1999.



It's probably one of their best albums from the days after the core 7.

Recommended songs: English Sunset, Forever Now, Sooner Or Later (Walking On Air)

2. Keri Noble: I can't begin to say how much I love her first official release, Fearless. She's on a tour of Japan to promote the CD now. She's a little bit jazzy a little bit folky. I hope she gets some more exposure here in the US. She deserves it.



Recommended songs: Talk To Me, I Won't, Piece Of My Heart

3. Annie Haslam: The front woman for the progressive band Renaissance and a wonderful solo artist and painter. Didn't I just say that yesterday? More people should hear this lovely lady's music. The album I recommend, Blessing In Disguise, which I'm sure will surprise my Moody Blues friends. Why? It's not the one with the song The Angels Cry, which was penned by Justin Hayward.



Recommended songs: After The Oceans Have Gone, Love Lies, Love Dies, New Life

4. Midge Ure: Known for being the lead singer of Ultravox and also being part of the songwriting team that penned the Band Aid single Do The Know It's Christmas, Midge deserves far more recognition than he gets. Did you know that his song Breathe was featured in the Swatch ads in the 90s? Yeah, that was him.

The album I recommend, Pure



Recommended songs: Little One, I See Hope In The Morning Light, Cold Cold Heart

5. Oingo Boingo: Fronted by composer Danny Elfman, these guys didn't get enough attention. Yeah, we've all heard Weird Science and Dead Man's Party more than we really need to, but they have other songs. Most of them are pretty damn good to.

The album I recommend, Dark At The End Of The Tunnel



Recommended songs: Try To Believe, Is This, Long Breakdown

I have all the songs I recommended, so if any of you are curious, just let me know and I'll send them to you. I was tempted to upload them via You Send It, but I don't have the patience to upload all those songs. I will do it, if any of you are interested.

0 comments: