Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Mambo!

Melly missed the mambo this week. Sorry, it was beyond my control. So until BDI is back, I'm doing that mambo that Melly posted.

1. What band/s do you look forward to listening this new year?
The Moody Blues, of course. (Not that there will be any "new" material from them.
Duran Duran (I want more b-sides)
Erasure (the kings of killer b-sides!)

2. What band/s are you looking forward to a new album from?

Waves is the new Devlins disc, out on Jan 25.

Nightbird is the new disc by Erasure, out of Jan 25 as well

3. If you could go to any concert this year who would you see and why?

OK, as much as I love Elvis Costello, and I know that it's uber easy to run into him after the shows, the only concert I really want to see this year will have Justin Hayward, John Lodge, Graeme Edge and the lovely backing band of Norda Mullen, Bernie Barlow, Gordon Marshall and Paul Bliss on a stage in Atlantic City.

4. If there was one band you wish would get back together this year who would they be and why?

I wouldn't mind seeing Oingo Boingo get together again. It's not anything that's going to happen, but I would like the guys to get together and release some of the tracks they've got hidden. (And all Boingo fans know there are probably plenty)

5. Last but not least and this is totally unrelated to the future, but type up a couple lines of your favorite song and post them to see if we can guess the song and the artist.

OK, this is one of my favorite songs

The way you smiled was like a rising sun
You set a burning inside from which I should have run
But you walked by
And I was lonely and need someone to talk to

0 comments: