Thursday, January 06, 2005

Stuff and Nonsense

Today is just one of those days that you can tell are going to be wretched. For what seems like the millionth day in a row, it's raining. Yes, I said raining. And for those of you that don't know, The Music Whore is from Pennsylvania. This is January. In January, it's not supposed to rain, it's supposed to snow!

Now I know some of you don't like snow. It's a pain in the butt. You have to shovel it. People can't seem to drive it in. All that sort of thing. But at least snow is pretty, and for much longer than rain. OK, let's face it, rain is very seldom pretty.

I've never heard anyone say, look at that beautiful rain shower.

Nope. At least not yet.

Snow on the other hand stays pretty until you let your dog out to go to the bathroom or it turns to slush.

Oh and did I mention the flooding? Yeah, the lovely Monongahela River is flooding, (Nothing terrible as far as the river is concerned) but all the creeks etc are over their banks.

So frankly, I'll take snow.

So besides the rain that seems like it won't go away, I'm working on a new blog. No, no, this blog isn't going anywhere. It is, however, a music blog. It's going to have CD Reviews, Recommendations, Trivia and yes, a Music Meme or two. The first one will be posted on Friday. So tomorrow, go here. It's called Top Five On Friday. Everyone seems to like to do Top Five lists. My friends from Art of the Mix used to post them on the blogs there, so I thought, why not make a meme out of that theme?

I'm working on the site with Melly and Fallen.

I'm hoping some of the music lovers out there will find us in time.

That's the bright part in this wet, wretched day. I'm enjoying fiddling with the other blog.

Other than that I'm stuck in the house watching the rain fall outside, on this gray wretched day, that's making me cranky and irritable.

0 comments: