Thursday, January 20, 2005

Hidden Treasures

I started work on this mix idea last week before the flu hit. (BTW, it's still trying to hit, just not as hard)

The idea behind it is songs that are great, but have Classic songs on the album that they came from.

Somehow that doesn't sound quite the way I wanted it to.

But let me try to explain, as it was put to me. Accidents Will Happen and Oliver's Army are both Classic Elvis Costello songs from the album Armed Forces, but there's a little gem called Party Girl on it as well. Party Girl is a hidden treasure.

So that's what I'm trying to work on right now. The problem I've run into is that bands like the Beatles just don't really have any hidden treasures. All the songs are classics.

And then what of an artist that has an album that doesn't really have any huge hits, but great songs. The entire album is a bunch of hidden treasures.

So essentially, this is a great mix idea, and it's making my head explode. Which oddly feels a bit like the flu.

Right now I have about 10 songs, so it's halfway done. I don't think there will be any surprises as to what artists I've chosen. I can be very predictable sometimes, but I'm going to post the tracks later, so you can see just how predictable I am.

0 comments: