Tuesday, January 04, 2005

ARGH! More Christmas Music!

Every year now it seems I discover some new Christmas music a week or so after the holiday and several weeks after I sent out my Christmas CD cards.

Grrrr!

This year was no exception. I was surfing through the sites of my favorite divas and I found a Christmas mp3 that Keri Noble posted on her page.

So I've got one song for next year that's different already.

But then I went to Julia Fordham's site. I watched a few videos and listened to clips of some songs I hadn't heard and then I went to the page where she posts her recommendations.

Big Mistake.

That's where I discovered Judith Owen, who just happens to have a CD out called Christmas in July.

It was released on an indie label and can be bought at CD Baby

And it's great! Especially since I've been starting to listen to more and more jazz pop. Judith kinda reminds me of Diana Krall, who I love love love and Tori Amos who I also love love love.

So now I have a whole album that I have to buy. (Plus, Judith is friends with Julia Fordham, and Julia guests on the CD, making it twice as nice)



Click on the album cover and you'll be taken to the CD Baby page so you can hear the sound clips from the CD. I'm just glad that I can still buy that CD, because Davy Jones did a Christmas CD, and I didn't find out about it until last year and it was temporarily and still is temporarily out of stock. (Doesn't that mean it's not coming back in stock if you don't get anymore for say a whole freaking year?) Grrrr!

Enough said. Next year's or rather this year's Christmas mix is going to kick some boot-tay!

0 comments: