Thursday, January 27, 2005

Thursday Ramblings

~ I'm still sick. Today's crud includes runny nose and clogged ears. I'm sick of the crud. Really Really sick of it.

~ Thanks to Brian I found out that Elvis Costello was working on an opera about the life of Hans Christian Anderson. Proof that Mr. Costello can and will do anything. Kudos to my sexy geek.

~ Ringo Starr is going to do the voice of an animated superhero. Gotta love him! He's done so many great fun things in his career. And let's face it, he may not be the best looking Beatle, but he's the most lovable one.

~ John Lodge's Golf Tournament raised $600,000 for his Barbados Charity. Now if only we can get a few more pictures of John in his sexy shorts, showing off his shiny leggies. Mmmm Lodgey leggies really do it for me.

~ Annie Haslam is doing a small acoustic tour of the East. OK..basically it's Harrisburg, Media, and Atlantic City. Tickets are on sale of course, and sadly I can't go. I'd love to see Annie live, she has a remarkable voice and she's a talented painter.

~ A recommendation for all the fans of jazz music out there: Madeleine Peyroux. She's another real diva that makes real music, without being a tramp.



She's worth checking out. She's touring too, but the closest she's coming to Pittsburgh is Charlestown WV in February at the Mountain Stage.

~ This is so not going to be my year for concerts. Some shakeup in Clear Channel has messed up the City of Pittsburgh getting any good shows. Guess I'll be road tripping this year, if anyone comes to any of my favorite cities.

0 comments: