Friday, January 07, 2005

Top Five On Friday

It's a brand new music meme! And it's created by me, over at Music Memoirs! So come on and play along!!!

Top Five Albums People Wouldn't Believe You Own (Guilty Pleasures)

I have a lot of these, and frankly I'm not embarrassed by any of them.

1. Geri Halliwell's Schizophrenic. I'm not really sure why I bought it, but it's not nearly as bad as you might think. Though she does a much better job when she's covering odd tunes, like The Weather Girls' It's Raining Men or Nancy Sinatra's These Boots Are Made For Walking.


2. Phil Collins' Dance Into The Light is actually my favorite CD that he's done. It's peppy and it's not depressing, much like But Seriously, which was critically acclaimed.

3. Agnetha Falkstog's Eye's of a Woman was bought before I knew who wrote one of the songs on it. I actually picked it up because I love ABBA. Last year I started to pay attention to the songwriting credits and saw that a certain Mr. Justin Hayward had penned the song The Angel's Cry. She's not the best voice from ABBA, but I like her well enough. And I don't care if disco is dead!

4. Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition was something I came to love during a music appreciation class in college. I bet no one here thought that I'd own this one. It's such a guilty pleasure, at one time the Promenade theme was the ring tone on my cell phone.

5. Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits Vol. 1 was bought for the first song on the damn thing. Bet you won't guess it. Mandy! GAH! Hell, I never thought I'd own a Barry Manilow disc, until work started playing that stupid song over and over, until it was completely stuck in my head.

C'mon everyone...sing with me.

"Oh Mandy,
you came and you gave without takin'
but I sent you away...
Oh Mandy"


Someone please kill me now, cos it's stuck in my head, just from typin the lyrics!

0 comments: