Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Building New Mix CDs

I asked some of my Live Journal friends for suggestions for mix cds, themes or phrases that I could build a mix out of.

I got several really great ideas.

One of them is Hidden Treasures. The idea behind this mix idea is too take albums that have classic songs on them, but find another song that's great, just not as easily recognized or not considered a classic.

It's quite a project, right now, because while I'm looking for songs, I'm also cleaning out my mp3s. I keep so many tracks that I'm never going to listen to. So today I'm deleting them. It's not as if I can't put them back when I feel the need.

Of course, the songs I'm looking for aren't there.

Can I get a Grrrrr please?

Baring Teeth

Thank you.

Here are the other ideas I'm working on:

Beatles Covers (I'm trying to avoid bad ones, so this is hard!)
Dead Men Walking
Songs that have the title in the first line (Another hard but not impossible one)

So, I'm going to pose the question to all of you too. What's a good idea for a mix cd? I plan to make several over the next few days. I promise to post the final tracklistings here. So, help me out and give me some ideas.

0 comments: