Sunday, January 02, 2005

New Year's Resolutions

Oh sweet mother of God! Who thought up this tradition? It's a shame that whoever it might be is long dead, so I can't have the opportunity to kill or maim the person.

I open my newspaper today and start rooting about for the sale papers, and the coupons fell out. Every damn one of them had Atkins this...Atkins that..Low Carb this...Low Carb that...

All me to direct you Carb haters to a little rant: Foamy

Now if you don't mind, I'll be sharing a waffle sundae with Foamy, because I don't think I can handle being around people today.

Why?

Because inevitably, talk will turn to resolutions.

Just stop! Why do you torture yourself for the first few weeks out the year with these things? If you really wanted to accomplish them, you could have started those resolutions on say, Sept 14th. Don't sully the new year with stupidity. It's going to be hampered with it enough.

Oh and do you know what the resolution that gets broken most?

I resolve not to make any resolutions.

WTF? (Didn't you just break the resolution in making it?)

I don't resolve anything!

0 comments: