Wednesday, December 22, 2004

They need the frim fram sauce

This is a lovely song by the Nat King Cole Trio, that was covered nicely by Mrs. Costello (you know Diana Krall)

The lyrics got me pondering though.

Well, before I go into it, let me show you the lyrics

Frim Fram Sauce

I don't want french fried potatoes, red ripe tomatoes
I'm never satisfied
I want the frim fram sauce
With oss-en-fay with sha fafa on the side

I don't want pork chops and bacon
That won't awaken, my appetite inside
I want the frim fram sauce
With oss-en-fay with sha fafa on the side

Well you know a girl
She really got to eat
And a girl she should eat right
Five will get you ten
I'm going to feed myself right tonight

I don't want fish cakes and rye bread
You heard what I said
Waiter please, I want mine fried
I want the frim fram sauce
With oss-en-fay with sha fafa on the side

Well it seems Mrs. Costello isn't heeding these words. Nope, it doesn't look like she's eating right. (or eating at all)



And while I'm ordering up some Frim Fram sauce for her, I think I'm going to order up some for flautist, Norda Mullen as well.



Cos I think Norda could use some feeding.

See, I'm human, and I like to eat. I'm not sure if I like the frim fram sauce, cos frankly I haven't a clue what it is, but I like food. Food is good and it makes me happy sometimes. And not much makes me happy these days.

Granted if I were Diana Krall and Elvis Costello were my hubby, I'd be deliriously happy and wouldn't need food or frim fram sauce. Hell, if I were Norda Mullen and wonderfully talented and got to tour with the Moody Blues, I'd be deliriously happy...etc ...etc. (plus I'd chase Justin and John around all day) So no frim fram sauce needed there either.

Damn, but I'm not. So I need my food!(and hell, I'll even try frim fram sauce, I'm brave!)

But c'mon. Tell me you wouldn't like to take these two ladies to the nearest McDonald's so that they might one day look like mortal women?

0 comments: