Tuesday, December 28, 2004

So much joy in one day

Not only did I finally get to go see Lemony Snicket today, I also saw the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory trailer and found out that Bob Saget was coming to the Improv in Pittsburgh.

I've had a very nice day.

OK, if it weren't for the fact that every little kid in the world decided to go to the movies today. And I do mean every little kid. (With their obnoxiously perky mothers_

I was itching through the whole film!

(Kids give me hives, remember?)

And I don't know which was worse, obnoxious kids or perky moms.

But other than that, the day was peachy. And I really mean that. Honest.

Lemony Snicket was a good movie. Not earthshatteringly good, but a pleasant movie that helped pass a few hours on an otherwise boring afternoon.

It was also the first movie with Jim Carrey that I've ever seen in a theater. See, I'm not too fond of Jim. He was almost tolerable in this film. Almost. Something about him, always makes my skin crawl, and this was no exception.

Thankfully the rest of the cast was superb. (Highlights were Meryl Streep and Billy Connelly as the orphans guardians) I absolutely love Billy Connelly.

All in all, a cute, odd film that was very Tim Burton-esque. And everyone that knows me, knows that I like Tim Burton films. Dark, yet sweet and not always with an ending that you'd expect.

Now all I need to see is Phantom Of The Opera. (basically so I can complain about the actor playing the Phantom) Life will be complete then. (Not really but for the time being)

It was just a really good day today! Woohoo How was yours?

0 comments: