Thursday, December 30, 2004

Damn you sickness

Disease and pestilence has been spread throughout my house. Of course, I had to be the last one to get the damn cold. Of course I couldn't get the normal symptoms of cough and runny nose. I could deal with that.

I got the symptom from hell. The one ailment that makes me a miserable bitch. OK, that makes me a even bigger miserable bitch than usual. Sore throat.

I can deal with most anything else. Stuffy nose? Big deal! Cough? Who cares, I like sounding like I'm hacking up a lung or two. Fever? Gives me an excuse to eat soup and sleep. Sore throat? ARGH!!!

Of course we have no cough drops.

So I'm sitting here sucking on mints. Anything to make the scratchy throbbing feeling go away.

Grrr!

I wonder if wine will take away a sore throat? Cos if it will, I'm so opening the New Year's Eve stash of Arbor Mist.

0 comments: