Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Sad music news

A friend of mine on one of my 80's groups sent an article through about Andy Bell. For those of you that don't know who Andy is, he's the front man of the synth-pop duo, Erasure.

He is one of those truly wonderful singers that can make anything sound good. The man could sing the New York City phone book and make it sound like a heavenly choir.

Well in this article, Andy finally shares with us that he's HIV+.

I wept.

He's known since June of 1998. So far it hasn't turned into full blown AIDS. I pray to God that it never does.

I just can't help but feel sad at the possibility that this talented life can be cut short, and I hope and pray that soon there will be a cure for this, so that Andy and all the others will be able to live out their lives.

0 comments: