Wednesday, December 29, 2004

2004 mixed up

I've been sitting around with my CDs, pondering the last mix of the year. The best of 2004.

This has been a rather good year for CD releases. We had U2, Elvis Costello, Duran Duran and Jimmy Buffett to name but a few. (And there were many many good cds out this year and many many bad ones too)

When my friend CBlaze mentioned he had made one, I thought, great idea. Then I thought, how in the hell am I going to fill a CD with new music? So I started looking at my CDs and my downloads. That's when I realized. Wow! There's a lot of new music this year, and it was pretty good too. (With exceptions like Ashlee Simpson and Britney Spears)

The nice thing is that my Roxio Software arrived today. Yay! I can burn the CD now! I didn't think I'd be burning any time soon. I just can't get used to the newer burning programs for XP. I don't want to burn with Windows Media Player and I really don't want to burn with Itunes, because every time I go there, I'm tempted to buy something! Crikey! I so do not need to buy any more stuff, unless it's on my Half.com wish list. (which is growing larger and larger every day)

I'm living proof that you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I won't even try the new software. I had to have Roxio!

~stomps foot~

~pouts~

And of course, now that I have the new version of Roxio (7.0), I'm staring at it befuddled, because they changed things and added features!

~How dare they do that?~

~stomps foot repeatedly~

I have to learn new software anyway now!

~more pouting~

But at least my mix cd artwork isn't lost anymore!

~big grin~

That, at least, is a plus.

If only I can figure out how to use the label creator for new art.

Didn't someone say change would do me good? I think they lie!

As soon as the mix is done, I'll post it here. Now I've got to figure out how to use my new, old software.

0 comments: