Thursday, December 23, 2004

Christmas mixes

This year I added a few more mixes to my collection of holiday songs. Several of the people that I sent CD cards to, sent CD cards back to me.

Having listened to several of them, and loved them, (of course) I can tell you what some of the most popular holiday songs are.

How can I do this?

Cos these songs are on almost every mix! (including mine sometimes)

Some are good, some make me cringe, but it's Christmas, so it doesn't matter at all.

So here are the songs of Christmas that everyone loves. (or at least it seems that way)

The Beach Boys - Little Saint Nick (this song scares me)
John Lennon - Happy Xmas (War is Over) NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! Why does Yoko have to screech in my ears every year? Why, oh, why, oh why?
Some version of Baby It's Cold Outside. (Most are good, and I love this song)
Band Aid (the first version) - Do They Know It's Christmas?
Bing Crosby and David Bowie - Little Drummer Boy (Peace On Earth)
Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime
The Prentenders - 2000 miles
U2 - Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)
Ron Sexsmith - Maybe This Christmas
The Ramones - Merry Christmas

So, are any of these your favorites? Or do they make you cringe?

What I want to know is why Don't Need A Reindeer wasn't on everyone's mix?

~pouts~

Oh and thanks to Elena, I have a new favorite - Pearl Bailey's Five Pound Box Of Money.

(It's cute and something I could use too)

0 comments: