Thursday, December 09, 2004

Scary CDs in my collection

Brandie confessed to having crappy CDs in her collection. I won't mention what one of them was, I'll let curiousity take you to her blog to find out.

~shakes head~

But even I have some CDs in my collection that I wouldn't want too many people to know about.

See there was a time when I had a job that subjected me to boybands on a regular basis. Unknowingly I'd walk around after work with one of their songs stuck in a loop in my head. (Until, sucker that I am, I bought the CDs)

I had an LFO song stuck in my head for weeks thanks to my old retail job! That's painful I tell you. So are having the Backstreet Boys and N'Sync stuck in your head. (Damn catchy annoying stuff...but generally harmless)

I'm just glad that I never had NKOTB on CD. That would be an embarrassment. Who in the world drew the conclusion the men/boys singing falsetto was attractive to the ears?

~shoots a pointed look in the direction of The Bee Gees~

Seriously! And why does the world eat that up?

Falsetto = ears bleed

So yeah, I own boybands. I own some pretty odd 80's music as well. Some would say that Spandau Ballet was scary, but I beg to differ on that one. I also say that at least they wrote their music, which cannot be said for any of the boybands.

But lets face it, we all succumb to some trends in music at least once in our lives. We all fall pray to Top 40 music, which can sometimes be great while the rest of the time it just hurts the ears.

For the most part, most people know what I find scary or embarrassing. Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston (I'll make an exception for her first 2 albums which were good), Britney and all the other blonde bimbos, Avril and Ashley.

You see where I'm coming from?

Personally, I'd add Michael Jackson to that list too. (Just because he's an embarrassment to the human race)

And that's not to say that I don't own a CD by any of these people...cos of that list...I own a disc by several of them. I have 2 Celine Dion discs (Don't worry I don't have the Titanic Soundtrack...If I ever buy that, you can come and cart me off) I had the first 2 Whitney CDs...and the very first Jessica Simpson disc...for one song...which we played at the store...only it was a dance remix...and I was deeply distressed when the album version was a ballad. (GAH!) Oh, and someone gave me Avril's first disc. YUCK!

See we all have embarrassments in our collection. Mine are collecting dust. The only problem now is at Curves they play mixes of Celine Dion and Donna Summer tunes while we work out and I get those awful songs stuck in my head. Please let me not purchase any more of her crap.

Couldn't we exercise to Duran Duran or The Moody Blues?

erm...

OK, maybe not the Moody Blues.

Elvis Costello.

Work it to Monkey to Man!

So what scary or embarrassing CDs do you have in your collection. C'mon. I know you're hiding the Spice Girls somewhere.

~pushs a cd under the bed~

Come on, and share!

0 comments: