Saturday, December 11, 2004

I swore I bought it

I was cleaning up my cd area yesterday and trying to organize the discs that aren't in alphabetical order. Until someone gets me a unit that climbs the wall, I very likely won't have a home for some CDs. GAH! But on to the story.

I thought I bought this:



ages ago. In fact, I was pretty sure that I had it, but as I went through my CDs, it wasn't there.

I highly doubt that there's a Diana Krall klepto in my house. Lady Starlight would rather cut her ears off than listen to most female singers and the bratlings are boys and well teenage boys just don't usually go for jazz. (At least not the ones I know)

So perhaps I was hallucinating Diana?

Great!

It's bad enough I've had dreams where I've had to be nice to the woman, now I'm deluding myself into thinking I own some of her music, when I do not.

Oddly I thought that when I made my last purchase at BMG of this



I had all of Diana's major releases.

Damn!

I was proud of myself. Cos last year at this time, you couldn't have paid me to buy one of her CDs.

It's a jealousy thing. (Which was rekindled when I saw the dedication to her husband in The Girl In The Other Room)

Cos we all know she's married to one of my favorite pieces of eye candy. (Concubines, if you will)




Oh and if you want to know the one Diana CD that I know I don't have but desparately want...This is it.



A whopping 40 bucks for 6 or 7 songs. Of course it's a Japanese release. Of course it was never released anywhere else. (Which I think is kinda wrong)

It's a Christmas CD, for crying out loud!

Well, at least that one is no longer lonely on my list of "must have" Diana Krall discs. (Unless, of course, that CD shows up somewhere today)

0 comments: