Monday, December 13, 2004

Music Mambo Time!

Here's the weekly meme that I create. And I'm daring all of you that read my blog to go do this week's meme.

Here's how we're playing this week.

Go to the comments of this post. Now pick at least 5 song titles. (You can pick more if you want, but come on...do at least 5) Then give us your answers for those song titles. You can be as truthful or as funny or as crazy as you want to be with your answers.

So I'm now going to answer a few musical questions.

Do They Know It's Christmas? - Band Aid

Well since we're talking about Africa and for the most part Ethiopia, probably not. Why? Because even though Christianity is everywhere, not everyone is Christian. (Therefore Christmas isn't celebrated)

Oh and to the line..

There won't be snow in Africa, this Christmastime.

Well, D'oh!

What's So Funny Bout Peace Love And Understanding? - Elvis Costello

Nothing is funny about peace, love and understanding. It's something we could use a heck of a lot more off all over the world. Now if only we could convince world leaders and religious extremists that this was the case, we'd be in great shape.

Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? - Rod Stewart

Now this all depends on who's asking. Rod Stewart? Nah! Sorry, I don't think you're all that sexy. At times, a bit cute, but not sexy. Oh and Rod, please, lay off the spandex, cos it's hurting my eyes. No, seriously, it's making me want to poke them out with a rusty melon baller.


What's Love Got to Do With It? - Tina Turner

Absolutely nothing. But then again, that's because I don't know what you're talking about!

And hell, it's only a second hand emotion, right?

How Can You Mend A Broken Heart? - The Bee Gees

Use duct tape! I hear it works for almost anything!

Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman? - Bryan Adams

Well, no. And come to think of it I haven't really loved a man either. (unless you count unrequited love for Justin Hayward, John Lodge and Elvis Costello)

Who Will Save Your Soul? - Jewel

My soul needs saving? What kind of trouble is it in now? I guess I'll call a priest. Damn and blast my soul. It's always sneaking out and going to wild parties. (and not taking me with it) You know what! My soul is on it's own! I'm not getting anyone to save it! It can do it on its own!

Who Are You Now? - Justin Hayward & John Lodge

I'm Andrea, aka the Music Whore, aka your biggest fans. That doesn't really change, guys? So why ya asking?

Have You Ever Seen the Rain? - Bonnie Tyler (though it was a CCR song, if I remember correctly)

I've seen the rain before. Much too often this year, in fact. But I don't think I've ever seen it, come down on a sunny day, as the lyrics go on to say afterwards.

What Do You Do With A BA in English? - Avenue Q

Practice saying "Do you want fries with that?" Cos you're going to need to.

LaughLaughLaugh

So come on! I dare you guys to play along.

And as always, the Mambo is brought to you by me and the rest of the cwazzies at BDI.

0 comments: