Sunday, December 26, 2004

A Musical Christmas

Yesterday was lovely. The first Christmas in a long time that was just a pleasant day, even though it was hectic. I don't think I've ever slept til 9:30 on a weekend in ages.

For starters, I was blessed with some very lovely presents. Yay for presents! A few small bills will be paid at the first of the year! (insert sigh of relief here)

My brother gave me a new operating system for my computer from hell. That was the hectic part of the day. Cos in the installation of the new software, I lost some programs that will take awhile to get back and I lost a lot of emails I had saved.

GRRRR

But I also got Itunes. Yay for Itunes! So I imagine I'll be getting a few new tunes to see if I can sort out this whole phenomenon. I did notice that it's cheaper to buy album downloads than the CDs. I just don't know if I can survive without liner notes etc.

~sigh~

On another happy musical note Trumpet, the lovely Lady Starlight, got me a little mp3 player for Christmas. No, it's not an Ipod, but I don't care. I just want something to put music on when I go walking without having to cart around a huge bulky walkman with me. The mp3 player is so tiny it will fit in my pocket! Squee!

So, all in all, it was a nice day. The family was here. We ate lots and lots and had a nice time. Hope we can have more Christmases like this one.

0 comments: