Thursday, December 02, 2004

I am the Queen

Brandie reminded me of this nickname yesterday, when she did a post about nicknames.

I have mixed feelings about nicknames, but Queen is one that I rather enjoyed, mostly because of it's special meaning. I was christened Queen when I worked for a small oil company in my little hamlet of Charleroi on Mon, back in 98 or 99.

See, I always liked 80's music, and I made the mistake of telling a few of the girls that I had loved Culture Club when I was in grade school. Well, that got me labeled as weird. As if anyone that didn't know me well, didn't know that already.

Well, one of the girls, used to buzz me on the phone a few times a day, about pricing and whatnot, and she started to talk about how she was weird, weirder than anyone else. And I said, "No, you're not that weird, I'm the Queen of Weird and you are only a princess."

Well, from then on, I was Queen. When I left that job in the summer of 99, I had a cookie cake that said "Good Luck Queen"

That was probably the only nickname I ever had that I liked. Mostly because I liked the person that gave me the nickname and I liked the co-workers that adopted it.

So bow before me now, your Queen of Weird!

0 comments: